Worksheet: Boiling Points at Varying Pressure
In this worksheet, we will practice using the Clausius–Clapeyron equation to calculate the boiling point of a liquid at different pressures.
Which of the following statements is true?
- AIt usually takes longer to cook food in boiling water at lower altitudes.
- BPerspiration cools the body because vaporization is an exothermic process.
- CThe enthalpy of vaporization is usually larger than the enthalpy of sublimation.
- DThe enthalpy of fusion is usually larger than the enthalpy of vaporization.
- EThe enthalpy of vaporization decreases with increasing temperature.