In this worksheet, we will practice using the division rules for 1 and 0.
Both of these problems are solved by finding .
Pick the problem where the answer 3 is the number of groups.
- AMake teams of 7 with 21 children.
- BMake 7 equal teams with 21 children.
Write in symbols: 8 divided by 2.
If , then 3 is called the .
Choose a problem where the number of groups will be .
- ARemove 2 shapes from 16.
- BPut 16 shapes into 2 equal groups.
- CPut 16 shapes with 2 shapes.
- DPut 16 shapes into groups of 2.
Choose a story whose answer is .
- A5 hens have laid 45 eggs. How many boxes of 9 eggs can be filled?
- B9 hens have laid 45 eggs. How many boxes of 5 eggs can be filled?
When we divide 80 cupcakes into boxes of 10, we use division to find the number of boxes (groups).
Pick another problem where we have to divide to find the number of groups.