Worksheet: Ohm's Law
In this worksheet, we will practice defining voltage, current, and resistance and using Ohm's law to calculate these values in simple electrical circuits.
Which of the following is the best definition of electrical current, as measured in amperes?
- AThe energy dissipated per coulomb of electrons between two given points
- BThe number of electrons that pass a given point in one second
- CThe energy dissipated per electron between two given points
- DThe number of coulombs of electrons that pass a given point in one second
- EThe energy dissipated by the electrons passing between two given points in one second
If a redox couple is at equilibrium in an electrochemical cell, which of the following statements about the current and potential is most accurate?
- AThe current is negative, and the potential is zero.
- BThe current and potential are both zero.
- C The current is positive, and the potential is zero.
- DThe current is zero, and the potential is given by the Nernst equation.
- EThe potential is zero, and the current is given by the Nernst equation.