Lesson Worksheet: The Biosphere Science • 5th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying and describing the biosphere and how human activities can negatively impact it.
What is the term given to a species that is introduced into a new environment and causes harm?
- AAn endangered species
- BA native species
- CAn invasive species
Members of a community are planning to plant trees in a local field.
Which of these choices would be the best option?
- AOnly planting species that are native to the area
- BRandomly selecting a variety of species to plant
- CSelecting species that are not usually found in that area
How does deforestation affect ecosystems?
- AIt reduces the levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- BIt provides new homes for animals.
- CIt forces forest animals to move out of their habitats.
Living things that are unable to get what they need to survive become endangered.
What is an endangered species?
- AA species that is extinct
- BA species that is dangerous in its habitat
- CA species that is at risk of becoming extinct
Which of the following statements is true?
- AEarth is the only planet in our solar system that has a biosphere.
- BAll planets in our solar system have a biosphere.
- CThe biosphere does not depend on any other Earth systems.
Fill in the blank: Species that have died out completely are said to be .
Oil spills can have large effects on the biosphere.
How would an oil spill in the ocean likely affect its animals?
- AIt would cause many of them to die.
- BIt would help them to reproduce.
- CIt would have no effect on them.
Fill in the blanks: It is to undo the damage caused by deforestation because it takes a time for trees to grow.
- Aeasy, short
- Bdifficult, long
- Cdifficult, short
- Deasy, long
Fill in the blank: The Earth system composed of all living things in air, water, and land is known as the .
Matthew and Elizabeth are talking about the biosphere.
Who is correct?