Worksheet: Bravais Lattices
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying primitive and base-, body-, and face-centered (P, C, I, and F) lattices from symmetry and atom positions.
Why are face-centered cubic (FCC) metals more ductile than body-centered cubic (BCC) metals?
- AFCC lattices have a higher packing density than BCC lattices.
- BFCC lattices have longer interatomic distances than BCC lattices.
- CFCC lattices have weaker metallic bonds between atoms than BCC lattices.
- DFCC lattices have more distinct planes of weakness than BCC lattices.
- EFCC lattices have a higher coordination number than BCC lattices.