This lesson includes 2 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Classification of Plants Science
In this worksheet we will practice outlining why organisms are classified, the concept of a species, and describing the classification of plants according to structure and reproductive methods.
What word describes the variety of organisms on Earth?
What branch of biology focuses on the classification of organisms?
- BHuman biology
- CCell biology
Who was the scientist that first established a system of classification in plants?
Which word describes the basic level of classification, a group of organisms that can interbreed and produce fertile offspring?
Identify the plant group from the information below.
What am I?
- I have roots, stems, and leaves.
- I live on land.
- My seeds form inside cones.
- AA maidenhair fern
- BA gymnosperm
- CA monocotyledon plant
- DA green algae
- EA dicotyledon plant
What do the organisms shown in the figure have in common?
- AThey all reproduce using spores.
- BThey all have roots, stems, and leaves.
- CThey all reproduce using flowers.
- DThey all live in aquatic habitats.
- EThey all have chlorophyll.
The figure shows a sago palm (Cycas revoluta).
What plant group does it belong to? Why?
- AAngiosperm, because it does not produce seeds
- BGymnosperm, because it does not produce seeds
- CAngiosperm, because it does produce flowers
- DGymnosperm, because it does produce flowers
- EGymnosperm, because it does not produce flowers