This lesson includes 15 additional questions and 33 additional question variations for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Quarks Chemistry
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the properties of quarks and the composition of protons and neutrons.
What electrical charge does an up quark possess?
Which of the following represents the neutron composition of the quarks inside the nucleus of a helium atom with atomic symbol ?
- A2 neutrons, each composed of 1 down (d) quark and 2 up (u) quarks
- B4 neutrons, each composed of 1 up (u) quark and 2 down (d) quarks
- C6 neutrons, each composed of 1 up (u) quark and 2 down (d) quarks
- D2 neutrons, each composed of 1 up (u) quark and 2 down (d) quarks
- E2 neutrons, each composed of 3 down (d) quarks
What is the electrical charge of bottom quarks?
- A e
- B e
- C e
- D e
- E e
The composition of the neutron from quarks is .
A neutron is electrically neutral because the sum of the quark charges forming it equals zero. Which of the following is the correct combination of quarks in a neutron?
- A3 down quarks
- B3 up quarks
- C1 up quark and 2 down quarks
- D2 up quarks and 1 down quark