In this worksheet, we will practice reading and interpreting frequency tables and tally charts and forming a frequency table for a given quantitative data set.
The table of numbers shows the marks of 30 students in a mathematics exam.
Using this data, complete the frequency table.
- A3, 7, 5, 8, 7
- B6, 8, 7, 4, 5
- C4, 7, 4, 3, 5
- D5, 8, 5, 6, 6
- E6, 9, 8, 7, 6
The table of data shows the heights in centimetres of teachers at a school. Using a frequency table, find the number of teachers who are 175 cm or more.
The table shows the number of days taken off work by 40 workers in a year. By constructing a frequency table or otherwise, calculate the number of workers who took 20 or more days off work.
The table shows the weekly wages of 30 workers in a factory. By forming the frequency table using the intervals 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, 70–79, 80–89, and 90–99, find which interval has the highest frequency.
Michael conducted a survey to determine the favorite sandwiches of the students in his class. The results of the survey are shown in this tally chart. Which sandwiches are more popular than peanut butter?
|Type of Sandwich||Turkey||Roast Beef||Tuna Salad||Peanut Butter||Ham|
- Atuna salad
- Bham, roast beef
- Cham, roast beef, turkey
Which of the following survey questions is least biased?
- AHow often do you manage to drink water rather than sodas during meals?
- BDrinking sodas during a high-protein meal has been shown to decrease metabolic efficiency, which may prompt the body to store more fat. How often do you drink sodas during meals?
- COn a scale from 1 to 10, how do you rate the frequency and quantity of sodas you drink during meals?
- DFor each of the beverages given, indicate how often you drink them during meals.
Identify the source of bias in the question: “Do you believe the government should implement measures proposed by the opposition which would ensure that everyone in the country has access to good health care services?”
- Atwo questions in one
- Bquestion preface
- Cdesire to please
- Dbiased wording (or leading question)
Is the following a survey, an observational study, or an experiment?
A group of students wanted to find out what type of music their schoolmates listen to. They asked their fellow students at random during break time about the types of music they liked and recorded the answers.
- Bobservational study