In this worksheet, we will practice using the concept of ratios to solve word problems of finding unknown numbers.
The ratio between two integers is . If you subtract 33 from each, then the ratio becomes . What are the two integers?
- A 1 and 15
- B 6 and 1
- C 4 and 10
- D 6 and 15
- E and
When the multiplicative inverse of a number is added to the consequent of the ratio , the result is the ratio . What is the number?
Nabil bought 2 kg of oranges for 12 LE. How much would he pay for 6 kg?
The table shows the number of cups of each ingredient to add to a recipe. Given that the ratio of flour to the total number of cups used in the recipe is 1 to 2, how many cups of flour are needed?
A piece of land with an area of 80 acres will be shared between a school, a park, and a hospital. The school will get 8 acres and the remainder will be shared between the park and the hospital in the ratio . What area of land will each of the park and the hospital get?
- Apark: 52 acres, hospital: 26 acres
- Bpark: 24 acres, hospital: 48 acres
- Cpark: 26 acres, hospital: 26 acres
- Dpark: 48 acres, hospital: 24 acres
- Epark: 72 acres, hospital: 24 acres
180 pieces of chocolate are to be shared between 5 boys and 10 girls. Each girl’s share will be of each boy’s share. How many pieces of chocolate will each boy and each girl get?
- ABoys get 15 pieces each, girls get 30 pieces each.
- BBoys get 20 pieces each, girls get 40 pieces each.
- CBoys get 15 pieces each, girls get 6 pieces each.
- DBoys get 20 pieces each, girls get 8 pieces each.
Three people start a company and decide to pay Samar a fixed 790 LE management fee, then share the remaining profits in the same ratio as their investments in the company. Samar invested of the amount that Ramy invested. Maged invested of the amount that Ramy invested. At the end of the first year Samar gets 9 090 LE (including her management fee). How much do Maged and Ramy get paid?
- AMaged gets 16 600 LE, Ramy gets 116 200 LE
- BMaged gets 2 844 LE, Ramy gets 7 110 LE
- CMaged gets 1 580 LE, Ramy gets 11 060 LE
- DMaged gets 29 880 LE, Ramy gets 74 700 LE
The table shows whether basketball or football was preferred by a group of students.
What is the ratio of the students who preferred football to basketball?
What is the ratio of the girls who preferred football to the boys who preferred football?
What is the ratio of boys who preferred basketball to boys who preferred football?
Ramy and Fares share 348 coins in the ratio . How many coins does each of them get?
- ARamy gets 348 coins, Fares gets 174 coins.
- BRamy gets 232 coins, Fares gets 116 coins.
- CRamy gets 174 coins, Fares gets 348 coins.
- DRamy gets 116 coins, Fares gets 232 coins.
If 7 books cost $14, use a ratio table to determine the cost of 8 books.
Three people invested money in a project and decided to share the profits in the same ratio as their investments. The first invested 7,900 LE, the second invested 7,800 LE, and the third invested 7,200 LE. After one year the profits were shared out and the first person received 793 LE more than the second person. How much profit did the second and third persons receive?
- A profit of the second person 62,647 LE, profit of the third person 57,096 LE
- B profit of the second person 61,854 LE, profit of the third person 62,647 LE
- C profit of the second person 8,693 LE, profit of the third person 8,593 LE
- D profit of the second person 61,854 LE, profit of the third person 57,096 LE
- E profit of the second person 8,593 LE, profit of the third person 7,993 LE
Milk cartons are on sale at 36 cartons for $12. Make a ratio table to find the cost of 84 cartons.
A department store has 30 pairs of gloves on sale for $48. Determine how much 45 pairs of gloves cost.
A survey showed that 8 out of 23 teens prefer staying up late rather than going to bed early. Determine the number of teenagers in a class of 46 who prefer staying up late.
A French bakery charges $3.20 for 3 baguettes. Determine how many baguettes can be bought with $9.60.
Charlotte wants to enlarge one of her photos. The original size of the photo is 3 by 5 inches. Given that the enlarged photo will have a height of 10 inches, determine the width of the enlarged photo.
Fares can cover 6.5 miles in 17 minutes riding his bicycle. Make a ratio table to determine how many miles he can cover in 85 minutes.
Write the ratio of the volume of the small box to the volume of the large box.
The ratio of the number of cups of diced tomatoes to the number of cups of diced cucumbers for a salad recipe is . If a salad recipe called for of a cup of diced tomatoes, determine how many cups of diced cucumbers are needed.
- A cups
- B 3 cups
- C cups
- D cups
- E cups
A bakery can make 16 batches of its signature ciabatta bread in 5 hours. Throughout the week, they spent 25 hours baking ciabatta bread and charged $9 for each batch. Make a ratio table to determine the number of batches the bakery made and the amount of money the bakery earned that week.
- A80 batches of ciabatta bread, $89
- B64 batches of ciabatta bread, $576
- C64 batches of ciabatta bread, $73
- D80 batches of ciabatta bread, $720
A school has 588 LE to spend on decorations. The money will be divided between classes , and in the ratio . How much money does each class get to spend on decorations?
- A , ,
- B , ,
- C , ,
- D , ,