Worksheet: Comparing and Ordering Numbers up to 1,000,000
In this worksheet, we will practice comparing and ordering numbers up to one million by comparing place values or using number lines.
Jacob has 159,357 stamps, while Matthew has 199,357 stamps. Which of them has a smaller number of stamps?
There are 345,000 people living in the Maldives, 777,859 people living in Guyana, and 582,463 people living in Western Sahara. Order these countries according to their population size, from greatest to least.
- AGuyana, Maldives, Western Sahara
- BWestern Sahara, Guyana, Maldives
- CMaldives, Western Sahara, Guyana
- DGuyana, Western Sahara, Maldives
- EMaldives, Guyana, Western Sahara
Sophia ordered the following numbers from least to greatest, as shown.
Did she order them correctly?
Which is greater, 951,236 or 954,783?
A student makes a survey that orders countries by forest area. He finds that there are 376,309 km2 of forest area in Zambia, 591,040 km2 in Angola, 184,180 km2 in Spain, and 675,420 km2 in Sudan. Order these countries from least to greatest according to the size of their forest area.
- AAngola, Zambia, Spain, Sudan
- BSudan, Angola, Zambia, Spain
- CSpain, Angola, Zambia, Sudan
- DSudan, Zambia, Angola, Spain
- ESpain, Zambia, Angola, Sudan
Arrange the numbers 222,202, , 936,479, and 814,606 from greatest to least.
- A 814,606, 936,479, 222,202,
- B 936,479, 814,606, 222,202,
- C 222,202, , 814,606, 936,479
- D , 222,202, 814,606, 936,479
- E 936,479, 814,606, , 222,202
Is , , or ?
Which of the following numbers is smaller than 481,820?
Is 523 thousand , , or 325 thousand?
The area of Nigeria is nearly 910,770 km2. The area of Egypt is nearly 995,450 km2. Which country has a greater area?
Arrange 132,833, 212,604, 275,566, 787,478 in descending order.
- A 132,833, 212,604, 787,478, 275,566
- B 132,833, 212,604, 275,566, 787,478
- C 275,566, 787,478, 212,604, 132,833
- D 787,478, 275,566, 212,604, 132,833
What is the biggest number that can be made from the digits ?