Lesson Worksheet: Refraction of Light at a Boundary between Two Media Science
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the deflection of light rays at the boundaries of different media
Fill in the blanks: The direction of a light ray can turn through an angle when the light ray passes through of different .
- Aa medium, boundaries
- Ba boundary, media
- Can angle, boundaries
Which of the following diagrams correctly shows how a protractor must be placed to measure an angle of incidence of a ray incident on a block of glass?
The diagram shows how a protractor is used to measure the angles of incidence of two rays that are incident on a glass block. What is the difference between the angles of incidence?
Three light rays are incident at the same point on a block of glass. Which of the following is correct?
- AThe refracted ray for the green incident ray will have an angle of refraction greater than that of the red refracted ray.
- BThe refracted ray for the green incident ray will have an angle of refraction less than that of the blue refracted ray.
Which color arrow correctly shows the direction of a light ray after it passes from air into a block of uniform-density glass?
- AThe blue arrow
- BThe purple arrow
The direction of a light ray can turn through an angle when it crosses the boundary of different media. What is the term for this?
What is the angle of refraction of the refracted light ray shown?
A block of glass rests on a flat surface that is in an air-filled room. Which of the following is the air–glass boundary?
- AAll the faces of the glass block except the face resting on the surface
- BAll the air in the room
- CThe volume within the glass block
- DAll the faces of the glass block
Fill in the blank: A substance that a light ray travels in is called .
- Aa medium
- Ban angle
- Ca direction
Complete the sentence: When a rod rolls from a smooth surface onto a rough surface, the direction of the motion of the rod . When a light ray passes from air into a block of glass, the direction of the light ray .
- Adoes not change, turns through an angle
- Bturns through an angle, turns through an angle
- Cturns through an angle, reverses