This lesson includes 21 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Removing Waste Biology
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the processes by which waste products are removed from the human body.
Which of the following correctly describes the correlation between the rate of respiration and carbon dioxide concentration?
- AThe more cells respire, the lower the concentration in the blood.
- BThe more cells respire, the higher the concentration in the blood.
- CThere is no correlation between the rate of respiration and the concentration in the blood.
A buildup of carbon dioxide in the blood can lower the blood’s pH. Why is it important that carbon dioxide is removed from the body?
- AA decrease in pH can cause blockages in arteries.
- BA decrease in blood pH has no effect on the body.
- CA decrease in pH can change the structure of oxygen in the red blood cells.
- DA decrease in pH can affect enzyme activity.
Which of the following structures has an important role in decreasing body temperature when it exceeds the normal range?
- AFatty cells
- BErector muscles
- CSebaceous glands
- DSweat glands
Melanocytes are responsible for the production of melanin, which is normally found .
- Aprotected in the fatty layer
- Bclose to the surface of the epidermis
- Cdeep in the dermis
- Din the inner layer of the epidermis