Worksheet: Converting Lengths: Metric Units
In this worksheet, we will practice converting between whole numbers of millimeters, centimeters, decimeters, meters, and kilometers.
Convert 9 centimetres to millimetres.
Convert 2,200 centimeters to meters.
Convert 71,000 meters to kilometers.
A tree is 4 meters tall. How many centimeters tall is the tree?
Write in centimeters: 79 meters.
Fill in the blanks: and cm. Write the maximum number of meters.
- A375, 54
- B3, 754
- C375, 4
- D37, 54
Determine, to the nearest tenth, the number of kilometers in 728 land leagues.
Jennifer bought 6 meters of cloth. She used 124 centimeters to make a shirt. How many centimeters of cloth are left?
Convert 5,000 millimeters to centimeters.
Convert 69 meters to decimeters.
Convert 58 meters to centimeters.
Arrange the distances in ascending order:
- A767 centimeters, 324 centimeters, 7 meters
- B324 centimeters, 767 centimeters, 7 meters
- C7 meters, 324 centimeters, 767 centimeters
- D324 centimeters, 7 meters, 767 centimeters
- E767 centimeters, 7 meters, 324 centimeters
The given table demonstrates the lengths of a backpack and a notebook. How many millimeters longer than the notebook is the backpack?
|Length||57 cm||390 mm|
If the height of a building is 52 meters, what is its height in centimeters?
Arrange the lengths in descending order:
- A200 dm, 38,100 cm, 3 km
- B3 km, 38,100 cm, 200 dm
- C38,100 cm, 200 dm, 3 km
- D200 dm, 3 km, 38,100 cm
Convert 2,000 decimeters to meters.
Write the units of length from smallest to largest:
- Adecimeters, millimeters, kilometers
- Bkilometers, decimeters, millimeters
- Cmillimeters, kilometers, decimeters
- Dmillimeters, decimeters, kilometers
Fill in the blank: 7,719 centimeters meters.
Convert 13 kilometers to meters.
The door of a room is 153 cm high, and the distance from the top of the door to the ceiling is 3 m. Find the height of the room in centimeters.
Order the following distances from least to greatest:
- Acentimeters, centimeters, meters
- Bcentimeters, meters, centimeters
- Cmeters, centimeters, centimeters
- Dmeters, centimeters, centimeters
Using that , arrange the lengths from longest to shortest:
- A699 centimeters, 4 meters, 1 kassabah
- B1 kassabah, 4 meters, 699 centimeters
- C699 centimeters, 1 kassabah, 4 meters
- D4 meters, 699 centimeters, 1 kassabah
Fill in the blanks: and metres. Write the maximum number of kilometres.
- A238, 3
- B2 380, 3
- C2, 3 803
- D23, 803