Lesson Worksheet: Introduction to the Circulatory System Science • 4th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying and describing the main parts of the circulatory system, understanding its function, and describing the composition and function of blood.
Fill in the blank: The circulatory system carries blood throughout the body. The organ that pumps blood throughout the body is the .
Which of the following is not part of the circulatory system?
- BThe heart
- CThe lungs
This picture shows heart muscle tissue under a microscope. What is the tissue made of?
Fill in the blank: The heart is made up of .
- Aother organs
- Btissue consisting of cells that have the same function
- Ctissue consisting of cells that have different functions
What is a function of blood?
- ATo carry carbon dioxide from the heart to the bladder
- BTo carry oxygen from the lungs to tissues in the body
- CTo carry oxygen from the digestive system to the heart
This picture shows the circulatory system. Which label is the heart?
- ALabel 2
- BLabel 3
- CLabel 1
Which of the following is not a function of the blood?
- AHelping protect the body from disease
- BHelping keep the body warm
- CTransporting nutrients throughout the body
- DExcreting wastes from the body
Which of the following carries oxygen to the rest of the body?
- BWhite blood cells
- CRed blood cells
- DBlood platelets
Fill in the blanks: When the heart pumps, it moves blood around the body. This is important because and need to be delivered to the body cells.
- Aoxygen, food
- Bfood, carbon dioxide
- Cwaste products, carbon dioxide
- Doxygen, carbon dioxide
- Efood, waste products
What is the function of the circulatory system?
- AIt breaks down food that has been eaten.
- BIt filters waste products out from the blood.
- CIt helps the body to move.
- DIt carries nervous impulses around the body.
- EIt transports nutrients, water and oxygen around the body.