This lesson includes 53 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Adverbs and Adjectives English
In this worksheet, we will practise using adverbs and adjectives to talk about films and other forms of entertainment.
Read the example below.
Who is the cheerful girl over there slowly eating delicious popcorn?
Which part of speech is the underlined word?
Which word is the underlined word modifying?
Which part of speech is the modified word?
Read the example below.
Was this building made using environmentally friendly materials?
Which part of speech is the underlined phrase?
Which word or phrase is the underlined phrase modifying?
- CWas made
- DThis building
Which part of speech is the modified word or phrase?
Which of the following examples contains an adjective that is modifying a pronoun?
- AThe horror film will be released to international acclaim this week.
- BShe is extremely brave watching horror films on her own.
- CShe prefers horror films to any other kind of film.
- DHe was watching a horror film last night until 11 pm.
- EThe frightening new horror film is released this weekend.
Which of the following examples contains an adjective that is modifying a noun?
- AThe comedian who I saw on TV last night was very funny.
- BThe Martians were ferociously hunting the humans to extinction.
- CThe musician was playing his instrument really skilfully.
- DHe had been running home very quickly before he was stopped by his friends.
- EThe cage was locked extremely tightly by the magician.
Which of the following examples contains an adverb that is modifying a verb?
- AThis film has been highly recommended by film critics.
- BShe appears a bit sleepy, doesn’t she?
- CThis popcorn is incredibly sweet, so I’m going to get some salty popcorn.
- DThis film is extremely stupid, but I enjoyed it.
- EThe director is quite famous now, I believe.
Which of the following examples contains an adverb that is modifying an adjective?
- AThe windmill is turning extremely slowly.
- BI am feeling incredibly tired today.
- CI don’t know how I survived this year; it has been an awful one!
- DWhich version of the film do you prefer watching?
- EMy friend was upset with me because I didn’t really enjoy the film we watched.
Fill in the blank: It smells in here. Why didn’t you empty the bin last night?
Fill in the blank: With its thin atmosphere, the planet Mars has always been for potential forms of life.
- Aincredibly enjoyable
- Bincredibly hostile
- Cincredibly hostility
- Dincredibly friendly
- Eincredible hostile
Fill in the blank: It’s a cartoon that is loved by millions of children around the world.
Fill in the blank: He found it how much Mona liked horror films. She clearly wasn’t afraid of anything!
- Aextremely surprisingly
- Bwell surprising
- Cextremely surprising
- Dextremely and surprisingly
- Ean extremely surprise