Worksheet: Reflection of Light
In this worksheet, we will practice recognizing what the reflection of light is and identifying how the reflection of light enables us to see things.
Fill in the blanks: Shiny objects light and dull objects light.
- Arepel, attract
- Breflect, absorb
- Cabsorb, reflect
Fill in the blank: In this photograph, the image of the moon is not evenly reflected. This is because the surface of the water is .
Why is the lamp reflected on the window?
- ABecause the glass is dull.
- BBecause the glass is shiny.
- CBecause the glass is transparent.
This baby can see their face in the mirror because it is reflecting light evenly.
Which two properties of the mirror help create an even reflection?
- ASmooth and shiny
- BCurved and dull
- CSmooth and dull
- DCurved and shiny
What is a reflection?
- AWhen light bounces off an object
- BWhen something gives off its own light
- CWhen light shines through an object
The image shows that light is reflected off the white T-shirt.
What happens to the light when it reaches the black T-shirt?
- AThe light passes through.
- BThe light is absorbed.
- CThe light is reflected.
Which of the following are poor reflectors of light?
- ADull objects
- BShiny objects
Charlotte is playing outside and wants to look at her reflection. Which of the following objects can she see her reflection in?
- AA clear car window
- BHer pet dog
- CHer muddy soccer ball
Which of the objects shown reflects light the best?
- AThe brick wall
- BThe sheep
- CThe clean window
Look at the pictures. In which one is Madison’s mirror helping her to see her hamster?
Look at the picture. What can Madison see in the mirror she is holding?
- AThe swing
- BHer face
- CHer dog
Chloe is playing in the park in front of a large tree. How is she able to see the tree?
- AThe light from the Sun bounces off her eyes and then onto the tree.
- BThe light from the Sun bounces off the tree and then into her eyes.
- CThe light from her eyes bounces off the Sun and then onto the tree.
- DThe light from her eyes bounces off the tree and then onto the Sun.
Natalie is sitting in a cubicle in a large room and the light is on, as shown. Is it true or false that Natalie can see light from inside the cubicle?
Anthony shines a flashlight on a mirror. What happens to the light after it hits the mirror?
- AThe light is reflected.
- BThe light goes through the mirror.
- CThe light is damaged.
Why does light bounce well off a mirror?
- ABecause mirrors are dull
- BBecause mirrors are shiny
- CBecause mirrors have a rough surface
Which of the pictures correctly shows how Michael is able to see the book in front of him?