Lesson Worksheet: Nuclear Fission and Fusion Chemistry • 10th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice differentiating between nuclear fusion and fission reactions and writing balanced nuclear equations for both processes.
Nuclear fission is usually followed by a series of decays. How do these decays stabilize the smaller nuclei?
- AThe atomic mass increases.
- BThe nuclear charge increases.
- CThe neutron/proton ratio decreases.
- DThe atomic mass decreases.
- EThe proton/neutron ratio decreases.
In a nuclear reaction, an atom of collides with an atom of . Which of the following are not potential products of this reaction?