In this worksheet, we will practice identifying properties of addition, such as commutative, associative, and identity properties, with fractions.
The diagram shows the number . By dividing it into four parts, as shown by the dashed lines, one gets .
Using the diagram, find another expression for .
Given that is a multiplication equivalent to this division, what is the multiplication factor ?
What property of multiplication was used to rewrite as ?
- AThe multiplicative inverse property
- BThe associative property
- CThe commutative property
- DThe distributive property
- EThe multiplicative identity property
What property of multiplication has then been used to rewrite as ?
- AThe distributive property
- BThe multiplicative inverse property
- CThe multiplicative identity property
- DThe associative property
- EThe commutative property
Is equal to ?
- A No
- B Yes