Lesson Worksheet: Stock Market Economics
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying stocks and bonds as components of the stock market and characterize the role of the stock market in a country’s economy.
Which of the following is not an essential function of the stock market in contemporary economies?
- AProviding liquidity to securities
- BRegulating the prices of securities
- CProviding a stable and open market for transactions between savers and borrowers
- DProviding rules and guarantees for the completion of transactions of securities
- EDirecting savings to invest in legitimate channels
Which of the following indicators of the state of the national economy are regularly reported from the stock market?
- Volume of transactions of securities
- Projections of volatility in prices of securities
- Movement of prices of securities
- National debt
- AI, II, and III
- BI, II, III, and IV
- CI and III
- DI, III, and IV
- EIII only