Question Video: Recalling What Percentage of Water on Earth’s Surface Is Salt Water | Nagwa Question Video: Recalling What Percentage of Water on Earth’s Surface Is Salt Water | Nagwa

Question Video: Recalling What Percentage of Water on Earth’s Surface Is Salt Water Science • First Year of Preparatory School

Join Nagwa Classes

Attend live Science sessions on Nagwa Classes to learn more about this topic from an expert teacher!

What is the percentage of salt water from the total water bodies on earth’s surface?

01:02

Video Transcript

What is the percentage of salt water from the total water bodies on Earth’s surface?

When we look at pictures of the Earth from outer space, we can see that a large portion of the Earth’s surface is covered in water. In fact, 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered in water, while the remaining 29 percent is land.

To answer this question, we need to know what percentage of the water on Earth’s surface is salt water. The water on Earth’s surface may be found in oceans, bays, lakes, ponds, rivers, and wetlands. Only about three percent of all of this water is fresh water, which is suitable for drinking. The remaining 97 percent of the water on Earth’s surface is salt water.

We now know that the percentage of salt water from the total bodies of water on Earth’s surface is 97 percent.

Join Nagwa Classes

Attend live sessions on Nagwa Classes to boost your learning with guidance and advice from an expert teacher!

  • Interactive Sessions
  • Chat & Messaging
  • Realistic Exam Questions

Nagwa uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more about our Privacy Policy