Lesson Plan: Graphs of Exponential Functions Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sketch and identify the graphical transformations of exponential functions.
Students will be able to
- sketch the graph of an exponential function,
- identify the domain and range of an exponential function using its graph,
- find where a given exponential graph intersects the axes,
- find a missing value in an exponential equation given a point it passes through.
Students should already be familiar with
- the exponential function.
Students will not cover
- applications of the exponential function,
- the natural exponential function.