Lesson Plan: Patterns in Multiplication Tables Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe patterns in the rows, columns, and diagonals of multiplication tables.
Students will be able to
- identify patterns in the rows of multiplication tables,
- identify patterns in the columns of multiplication tables,
- identify patterns in the diagonals of multiplication tables,
- explain patterns between different times tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- times tables up to ,
- reading and completing multiplication tables.
Students will not cover
- multiplicative comparison.