Lesson Plan: Counting Forward and Backward within 100 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to count forward and backward from any number less than 100.
Students will be able to
- count forward and backward by ones to 100 using a hundreds chart,
- count forward and backward by ones to 100 without using a hundreds chart,
- locate numbers that are before, after, or between given numbers,
- find missing numbers in a sequence,
- solve simple addition and subtraction problems by counting forward or backward using a hundreds chart.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward within 10.
Students will not cover
- counting forward or backward by tens.