Lesson Plan: Scalar and Vector Quantities Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to distinguish between scalar quantities with magnitudes and vector quantities with both directions and magnitudes.
Students will be able to
- classify quantities as scalar or vector,
- describe whether calculated values using scalar and vector quantities have scalar or vector values,
- recognize graphical representations of vectors,
- show graphically that vectors added to each other result in a vector.
Students should already be familiar with
- the terms quantity, value, and unit.
Students will not cover
- using vectors in calculations,
- vector products.