Lesson Plan: Elements, Atoms, and Molecules Chemistry • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define elements, atoms, and molecules and use these terms in the context of materials and physical processes.
Students will be able to
- define elements, atoms, and molecules,
- analyze different drawn representations of chemical species in order to classify diagrams of elements, atoms, and molecules,
- compare intermolecular forces to intramolecular bonds to understand why changes in state do not always decompose the chemical,
- identify and label different chemical species as solids, liquids, and gases using the appropriate state symbols to better explain the species in chemical equations.
Students will not cover
- the state symbol for aqueous solutions.