Lesson Plan: Converting and Comparing Area: Metric Units Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert and compare area units in the metric system and use this skill to solve real-world problems.
Students will be able to
- convert between metric units of measurements of area,
- compare areas by converting between different metric units,
- solve problems by converting between metric measurements of area.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of area, the standard metric units used to measure area, and the abbreviations of these units,
- the relationship between metric units of length and how to convert between them,
- multiplying and dividing by powers of 10.
Students will not cover
- converting between non-metric measurements of area.