Lesson Plan: Exponential Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, write, evaluate, and analyze exponential functions.
Students will be able to
- identify exponential functions,
- write exponential functions,
- evaluate exponential functions at a given point,
- evaluate exponential functions at a linear expression, such as , and find given the value of ,
- understand whether an exponential function is increasing or decreasing.
Students should already be familiar with
- exponents and their properties.
Students will not cover
- functions involving the natural exponential,
- graphs of exponential functions,
- the domain and range of exponential functions,
- applications of the exponential function.