Lesson Plan: Adaptation: Camouflage Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe camouflage, explain how it aids in survival, and identify it as an adaptation.
Students will be able to
- define the term camouflage,
- list and describe examples of camouflage,
- match the camouflaged animal to the appropriate habitat,
- explain how camouflage aids in survival,
- identify camouflage as an adaptation using moths as an example.
Students should already be familiar with
- animal traits,
- inherited traits,
- animal adaptations.
Students will not cover
- the term natural selection.