Lesson Plan: Kingdom Protista Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to recall the characteristics of organisms belonging to the Kingdom Protista.
Students will be able to
- describe the common characteristics of organisms in Kingdom Protista,
- compare organisms of the main phyla of Kingdom Protista (Protozoa, Euglenophyta, Chrysophyta, and Pyrrophyta),
- compare organisms of the phylum protozoa (Sarcodina, Ciliophora, Flagellata, and Sporozoa),
- classify given organisms using knowledge of this Kingdom.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that organisms can be classified into kingdoms based on physical and evolutionary characteristics.