Lesson Plan: Sorting Objects into Two Groups Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sort objects into two groups based on their features.
Students will be able to
- choose how to sort objects into two groups based on shared features,
- sort a group of objects into two groups,
- say how a group of objects has been sorted.
Students should already be familiar with
- visually classifying objects that are the same and objects that are different.
Students will not cover
- counting the number of objects in each group,
- sorting objects by given criteria.