Lesson Plan: Polynomial Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, write, and evaluate a one-variable polynomial function and state its degree and leading coefficient.
Students will be able to
- recall the definition of a one-variable polynomial function,
- identify a polynomial function,
- write a one-variable polynomial function,
- find the degree and leading coefficient of a given polynomial function,
- recall the names of the different types of polynomial functions,
- evaluate polynomial functions at given points.
Students should already be familiar with
- the order of operations,
- relations and function notation.
Students will not cover
- graphs of polynomial functions.