Lesson Plan: Drawing 2D Shapes Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw 2D shapes using their features.
Students will be able to
- draw 2D shapes given their name,
- draw 2D shapes given the number of sides and vertices,
- draw 2D shapes accurately using a ruler or on dotted paper.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing common 2D shapes,
- the number of sides and vertices in common 2D shapes.
Students will not cover
- 3D shapes,
- using a protractor to draw shapes with accurate angles,
- drawing 2D shapes with specific measurements.