Lesson Plan: Exponential Relationships Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw and interpret graphs with an exponential growth rate.
Students will be able to
- describe an exponential growth with an equation of the form , where ,
- understand that a quantity shows exponential growth if it is multiplied by per unit interval,
- fill in a table of values for a given exponential function and draw the corresponding graph,
- read and interpret pairs of values on an exponential graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- linear relationships,
- identifying from a graph whether a relation is linear or nonlinear.
Students will not cover
- the number ,