Lesson Plan: Finding the Area of a Triangle Using Trigonometry Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the area of a triangle using the lengths of two sides and the sine of the included angle.
Students will be able to
- derive and recall the formula ,
- use the formula to calculate the area of a triangle given two of its lengths and an included angle,
- calculate unknown lengths or angle measures given the area of a triangle,
- calculate areas of parallelograms and other compound shapes using the formula.
Students should already be familiar with
- right triangle trigonometry.
Students will not cover
- the law of sines,
- the law of cosines.