Lesson Plan: Multiplying Complex Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply two complex numbers.
Students will be able to
- multiply complex numbers by other complex numbers,
- raise a complex number to a given power,
- combine addition, subtraction, and multiplication of complex numbers to simplify expressions.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying binomials,
- complex numbers,
- adding and subtracting complex numbers,
- scalar multiplication of complex numbers.
Students will not cover
- dividing complex numbers,
- exponential and polar forms of complex numbers.