Lesson Plan: Reflections on the Coordinate Plane Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the images of points, lines, and shapes after their reflection in the 𝑥- or 𝑦-axis on the coordinate plane.
Students will be able to
- understand the transformations on the coordinates of a point when it is reflected in the - or ,
- identify a reflection of a point, line, or shape in the - or on the coordinate plane,
- reflect points, lines, and shapes in the - or on the coordinate plane,
- understand the properties of reflection in a line,
- reflect a point, line, or shape about the origin on the coordinate plane.
Students should already be familiar with
- reflecting points, lines, and shapes in a line using geometric constructions.
Students will not cover
- reflections in lines that are not the - or ,
- reflections that are not on the coordinate plane.