Lesson Plan: What Is Chemistry? Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives of the lesson teaching students how to describe the field of chemistry, its position within the physical sciences, and its relation to other sciences.
Students will be able to
- describe the field of chemistry and its area of study,
- identify chemistry as a physical science and recall the other physical sciences,
- describe the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry with the other sciences,
- identify from specific examples which other science overlaps with chemistry,
- identify and describe the different branches of chemistry.