Lesson Plan: Counting Objects up to 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to count up to 10 to answer questions about how many objects there are in a group.
Students will be able to
- represent quantities up to 10 using pictures,
- count up to 10 objects and recognize that the last number counted is the total,
- understand that the number of objects does not change if they are arranged differently.
Students should already be familiar with
- modeling and counting up to 10.
Students will not cover
- comparing groups of objects.