Lesson Plan: Measuring Temperature Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure temperature using a thermometer, discover how thermometers work by creating and using a thermometer, and understand the use of liquids in thermometers.
Students will be able to
- identify the importance of measuring temperature,
- describe how a thermometer works,
- describe how to make and use a thermometer.
Students should already be familiar with
- heat conduction,
- the movement of particles in solids, liquids, and gases,
- what temperature is.
Students will not cover
- measuring temperature as it relates to weather,
- units of temperature,
- specific thermometers, such as Celsius, and medical thermometers,
- taking human body temperature.