Lesson Plan: Rectangles Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify rectangles, count the sides and corners of rectangles, and identify real-life objects that are shaped like rectangles.
Students will be able to
- identify rectangles in different orientations,
- identify rectangles of different sizes and colors,
- count the sides and corners of rectangles,
- count rectangles within an image,
- identify real-life objects that are shaped like rectangles.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting accurately to 4,
- the concept of sides and corners.
Students will not cover
- counting the angles of rectangles,
- measuring the sides or angles of rectangles.