Lesson Plan: Dividing Rational Numbers Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to divide rational numbers, including fractions and decimals.
Students will be able to
- divide rational numbers where both numbers are of the same form,
- divide rational numbers where both numbers are of a different form by converting between fractions (including mixed numbers) and decimals,
- apply the division of rational numbers to solve word problems,
- apply the division of rational numbers to solve problems involving real-world systems.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a rational number,
- simplifying fractions,
- adding and subtracting rational numbers,
- multiplying rational numbers,
- converting between fractions and decimals.
Students will not cover