Lesson Plan: Adding Tenths and Hundredths Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to add fractions with the denominators 10 and 100 by converting hundredths.
Students will be able to
- add tenths and hundredths as fractions by writing both fractions as hundredths,
- add tenths and hundredths as decimals by writing them as the sum of fractions,
- find a missing addend when adding tenths and hundredths.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing as ,
- converting fractions with a denominator of 10 to decimal tenths,
- converting fractions with a denominator of 100 to decimal hundredths.