Lesson Plan: The Moving-Coil Galvanometer Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the application of the motor effect to the measuring of electric current by a moving-coil galvanometer.
Students will be able to
- describe the arrangement and functions of the components of a moving-coil galvanometer,
- describe the deflection of a moving-coil galvanometer in response to an applied current,
- calculate the sensitivity of a moving-coil galvanometer.
Students should already be familiar with
- determining the torque on a current-carrying rectangular loop of wire in a magnetic field.
Students will not cover
- calculations of magnetic fields.