Lesson Plan: One-Variable Absolute Value Inequalities Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve one-variable inequalities that contain absolute values.
Students will be able to
- interpret a single variable absolute value inequality,
- write absolute value inequalities to represent a given situation,
- solve one-variable absolute value inequalities using a graph,
- solve one-variable absolute value inequalities algebraically.
Students should already be familiar with
- strict and nonstrict inequalities,
- solving inequalities in one variable,
- absolute value equations in one variable,
- graphs of absolute value equations in one variable.
Students will not cover
- nonlinear absolute value inequalities,
- absolute value inequalities in more than one variable.