Lesson Plan: Two-Digit Numbers on a Number Line Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to represent numbers from 0 to 100 on number lines.
Students will be able to
- model two-digit numbers on number lines,
- use number lines to count in ones or tens within 100,
- describe positions on number lines using the terms before, between, or after.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 100,
- counting in tens and ones.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers using number lines.