Lesson Plan: Drawing Ray Diagrams for Concave Lenses Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw diagrams of light rays interacting with concave lenses.
Students will be able to
- recognize that parallel incident rays are diverged by a concave lens,
- identify the focal point of a concave lens on a diagram,
- interpret and draw ray diagrams to determine the position of an image formed by a concave lens.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that light travels in straight lines,
- what concave lenses are,
- the optical axis of a concave lens,
- the focal points of a concave lens.
Students will not cover
- monoconcave lenses.