Lesson Plan: Dihybrid Inheritance Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to construct and interpret genetic diagrams of dihybrid crosses.
Students will be able to
- recall that alleles for different characteristics are inherited independently of each other,
- explain what is meant by dihybrid inheritance,
- determine the alleles produced from a given genotype,
- interpret Punnett squares that show dihybrid crosses,
- state phenotypic ratios of these crosses.
Students should already be familiar with
- monohybrid crosses,
- dominant and recessive alleles.
Students will not cover
- codominance, incomplete dominance, or multiple alleles,