Lesson Plan: Reading and Writing 8 and 9 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read and write the numerals 8 and 9 and use numerals to describe quantities.
Students will be able to
- read and write the numerals 8 and 9,
- describe quantities of 8 and 9 with numerals,
- show quantities written as numerals.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting objects verbally up to nine.
Students will not cover
- writing or reading numbers in word form,
- comparing numbers.