Lesson Plan: Static and Current Electricity Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to explain what static electricity and current electricity are and investigate ways to generate them.
Students will be able to
- explain what static electricity is,
- investigate ways to generate static electricity,
- identify and explain examples of phenomena caused by static electricity,
- explain what current electricity is,
- investigate ways to generate current electricity,
- describe the difference between current and static electricity.
Students should already be familiar with
- electrical energy.
Students will not cover
- determining the overall charge of an object.