Lesson Plan: Comparing Groups of Objects: More Than Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare two groups of up to five objects to identify which has more using a matching strategy.
Students will be able to
- understand the term more than,
- compare two groups of up to five objects using a matching strategy,
- compare groups of up to five objects and identify which has more.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting up to 5 objects,
- reading numbers to 5.
Students will not cover
- comparing more than five objects,
- the symbols less than (), greater than (), equal to (),
- comparing numerals.